ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

1/2/10

Laundry Room Make Over Part I

My laundry room is most often the point of entry for everyone who enters our home.  It needed a little help...


It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't so lazy.  You see, I keep the boys' clothes in dressers in the laundry room because I don't like making 500 trips up the steps - and if you think I can make them do it when it needs to be done, don't plan on making any reality t.v. shows.


I started by stripping the wallpaper and wood.  I lucked out because the wood had been  coated with shellac rather than varnish and removing it was very easy.  All it takes is ammonia and water.  It took less time to strip the wood than the wallpaper.  Next, I gave all the woodwork two coats of Minwax clear polyurethane (satin finish) and then it was time to paint the walls.


Suddenly, it was... "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!