ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

1/11/10

Caine's Bedroom

I usually reserve my before pictures for posting after I finish my projects.  However, (much to the chagrin of  my new project blogging friends) I have to wait on this one until Glen can help.  I admire those ambitious women out there who can handle the DIY projects on their own, but I also know my limits - and boundaries.  It isn't that I couldn't go out to the machine shed and haul in the the things I need.  It's a matter of paying the price of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth should I bring in the wrong items.  I swear he has 52 of everything and no matter how he explains which one of the 52 I can have, I inevitably grab the wrong one.

Caine's room is in need of a lot of help.  When the windows were replaced, we found a great deal of wood rot beneath the window.  Glen has decided to tear out all the lath and plaster, then insulate and drywall.  I could do a good job of demolishing the old wall, but he wants to cover the floor first, and that's my hold up.  He has the "perfect covering" somewhere out there in his machine shed.





I started this room ages ago - before we tackled the laundry room, and time's a waistin'.  Caine will graduate in less that four years!  




Caine is also wishing the project would move along.  He's currently sleeping in a tiny little room, but he's been a real sport about it and doesn't complain.   He just mentions his ideas for his room every now and then and has even written his plans on the walls.   It will most definitely be a "Monarch" Room - all Purple and Gold.

Perhaps, when Drew gets home this week and the little boys are gone, I will get out my ammonia and start stripping the shellac off the woodwork.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!