ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

8/25/09

Today I celebrated the 22nd anniversary of my 30th birthday by going to Indulge for a pedicure.... aahhhhh Happy Feet! Trista really does a good job on old, tired feet.
Today was definitely unique. Drew's divorce was finalized, and we went to the funeral home after work to pay our respects to Uncle Merlin who will be buried tomorrow. Two farewells that will lead to new paths for members of our family. In many respects divorce and death are similar as far as our emotions are concerned. Sadness for the loss of that to which we were accustomed, relief in the knowledge that the hardship is past and hope that the days to follow will be better for those concerned. Above all, the sweet sorrows allow us to grow in faith that the future holds goodness once again, and it always does.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I am blonde! I told Nate I didn't get that you were celebrating your 22nd Ann. of your 30th! WOW! I need to get out more often.
    Love the toes, a pedicure is a great way to spoil yourself :) Hope you had a good day.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!