ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

4/9/11

Natural Distractions

Work on the kitchen is   s l o w l y   progressing.  Between work, fixing mistakes and being too pooped at the end of the day to accomplish anything, I have legitimate excuses for my beautiful new kitchen remaining nothing more than a vision inside my head for over a month.  The voices inside my head are driving me crazy though... "Get 'er done!"  So, Natural Distractions are very welcomed around here:


All five of my Grandsons were running around here last weekend and we had a blast!  Nolan (4) loves the animals and giggles and giggles when the goats eat corn out of his hand.


Ethan and Chandler (6) and (4) enjoyed an interesting game of invisible bowling.  Chandler calls it "bawling".  Oh to be a kid again.  Who needs bowling pins?  You can throw a strike every time without them!


Corn dogs for lunch

and great gobs of goofiness before bed:




Shortly before 9 p.m. it was all quiet on the Western Front


Sunday morning they got their favorite breakfast at Grandma's house:  Farm fresh eggs and bacon.
I must admit fixing up that little picnic table and bringing it in the house was one of the best ideas I've ever had.  The boys love it and it is so handy for them.

Before we knew it, it was time to pack the boys up and head to Red Oak for Marlee's Birthday Party!


Marlee wasn't too sure about all of the commotion.


Cole opted to steer clear of the little ones and play with Sugar instead.


Sidewalk chalk + bottles of bubbles = FUN


The Birthday Girl in her new Birthday Chair.


Lauren (2) getting ready to blow bubbles.


Macy and Great-Grandma Rena.


Sarah, Marlee, Nolan and Nate.

Nolan had fun at my house, but I think he was happy to get home.  It was a great weekend for all of us and this Grandma truly enjoyed the little "natural distractions".  Heck, I almost want to grab them every weekend.  It's so much more fun than working on the kitchen... but the voices are haunting me.  Get 'er done... Ger 'er done... Get 'er done!

5 comments:

  1. awwww, wonderful pictures! The kiddos are adorable! The kitchen will be there waiting...it's not going anywher!

    thanks for sharing your wonderful fun times!
    Happy Birthday Marlee!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful grands you have! That type of distraction is so much more fun than working on the kitchen. When you're spending time with the grands you're making memories that will stay with them forever. That picnic tale is really cute and just the right size for them to enjoy meals. Great idea you had. The kitchen will be finished soon and you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... looks like they had a great time on the farm!!!!! Yeah... that picnic table was a good idea!! I like what Gail said... the kitchen is not going anywhere... it will wait on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Don't kids just crack you up?? Too cute and what a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those kiddos are the cutest!

    I stopped in to see how y'all are-- and your headline said "natural Distractions" I thought it said- Natural Disasters...
    I hope you and your whole family are safe-- I've seen weather reports and accounts of the destruction that has been through your state?

    Let us know y'all are fine.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!