I fished around in my photo archives and found some pictures of each of them full of mud.
(Oh, they do have fun "muddin'" out here)
I converted the pictures to black and white, assigned each a letter, and printed them off on cardstock.
Then I pawed through the supplies I have around here, scratched my head awhile, and decided to Mod Podge them onto 5 x 7 pieces of cardstock paper. Next I found some sturdy pieces of cardboard I had saved from the backs of writing tablets and cut them into 6 x 8 pieces, shoved them together and used package tape on the backs to keep them together.
Then I cut strips of scrapbook paper and glued them across the front of the cardboard pieces before slapping the boys's faces on and slathering the entire front of the project with Mod Podge.
I punched holes in the corners, strung some raffia through the holes and.... woolah! I created something to hang above the mirror, which also hid a gaping hole that accidentally occurred when we hung the mirror the first time. (I could only see myself from the nose up - now Glen can only see himself from the nose down, oh well.)
The entire project took only a couple of hours to complete. Choosing the pictures and tweaking them took the longest.
Now I just hope the boys will get the message and "wash" instead of just standing there admiring themselves.