ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

9/20/09


     Glen stars with "G"
     So do "G"ripe and "G"rumble!
     And Glen Griped and Grumbled when I said, "You know that pile of old tires out back?"
     But he's a real trooper - which makes him a keeper - because he not only followed me out to the pile and harvested this nice old truck tire, he also drilled holes in the bottom of it to drain out the water that had collected in it all summer; cut blocks of wood to hold the tire open so the plant would fit inside; AND hung this heavy devil for me!  Today Mr. Tire (who thanked me profusely for saving him from the landfill) holds a potted Mum.  Next spring I will put potting soil in him and a nice viny plant because Mr. Gripe and Grumble drilled those nice drain holes  : )
This little project (which took less time to complete than all the griping and grumbling) was snagged from that nice lady in Canada at www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com
     Because we were unable to center Mr. Tire on the shed due to the location of the sturdiest stud we could find to hold the weight, I must put something next to him - but I'll wait a bitToo may G & G (gripe & grumble) projects in a row make Glen a grumpy old man!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!