ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

1/5/10

When Plan B Fails

They say it takes a village to raise a child.  The same is definitely true when it comes to raising grandchildren.  Sometimes it gets a little hairy around here.  I am extremely grateful my parents are not only able, but very willing to help out at the drop of a hat. I can't imagine what we would do if they weren't.


  Mom and Dad

Having them help out with the boys' needs is not the only thing for which I am grateful.  I am glad they are close so the boys can still have the "grandparents" experience.  Glen and I would love to spoil them - and sometimes we do, but not to the grandparent degree.  Great-grandma bakes cookies for them and takes them to Wal-Mart to buy them things for no special reason.  Great-grandpa has the shoulder to cry on for injustices large and small.


 Chandler

Today was almost Plan B day.  Chandler, the youngest of the boys, wasn't feeling well.  Nothing serious, but enough to prevent him from sharing his bug with playmates at preschool and day care.  On days like this, Great-grandma usually converts her living room into a recovery den complete with blankets, DVDs and all the amenities.  But Great-grandma had her plate full for the day.  There was no school, Cole had  already been dropped off at her house and Great-grandpa had a doctor's appointment.   


  Cole

So Plan C was implemented.  I took the day off work, hauled Chandler home and Cole stayed at Great-grandma's.  I was so pooped after all the rearranging, Ethan had to make supper tonight.  Not really, of course, but he does love to help.


Ethan


The pineapples in the background are fresh from Hawaii.  Our friend Elena gave them to us last night.  I don't know if I will be able to cut them... Chandler thinks they are Sponge Bob houses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!