ARTFULLY AVOIDING THE LANDFILL (& driving my husband crazy) ONE PIECE OF JUNK AT A TIME

12/25/10

Joyous Noel



An old fashioned Christmas wish from our house to yours.

A long time in the making 


finding things here and there 


to give our home a primitive Christmas sort of flair.


Refurbishing wreaths and creating things from
things I've used before.


Hauling things up from the basement 


and framing a thought from my heart.


Thinking of Christmas time of long ago
and pulling it all together so
everyone will know


and how fortunate we are that

God sent us a Savior

If our greatest need had been information,
God would have sent us an educator.
If our greatest need had been technology,
God would have sent us a scientist.
If our greatest need had been money,
God would have sent us an economist.
If our greatest need had been pleasure,
God would have sent us an entertainer.
But our greatest need was forgiveness,
so God sent us a Savior.

Author Unknown


A very Merry Christmas
from our house to yours.



11 comments:

  1. Your home looks so cozy! I love the Bible with the Joy sign...very sweet vingnette.

    Merry Christmas!
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is beautiful. You certainly have a knack for decorating. Thank you for sharitn "God sent us a savior". I printed out and will be framing it.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleen-
    Your home sure looks inviting! Thanks for sharing it with us. Merry Christmas-- Pat
    corninmycoffee--pot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopped over here from Granny's Place. Your house is so cozy and lovely! I love the way you hung those heart-shaped baskets. If I can find any, I'm going to steal that idea for a Valentine's Day decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Coleen... the house looks so warm and welcoming... you did good girl... you are getting prim down pat, looks amazing... great job my friend.

    Hope you have a joyous holiday week Coleen.

    Big Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful...your work, your words and your pictures. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I hope to see you again soon! All our love to you!!!!
    Em, Brad and Liam

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Home that is decorated so beautifully for Christmas and you did an amazing job..love all the primitive decor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so great Coleen! I love the message in your post! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great decorating, and a wonderful Christmas message. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing, and Happy Holidays to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Wednesday morning :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my card about the bingo flower being the crows toes!!! It sure gave me a giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colleen, your home is cozily inviting...and so clean. (I'm into cleaning right now, lol)

    I love the ticking stars, the mittens hanging from the frame, love that mirror, and your words so true!

    Happy New Year! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note, I'd love to hear from you!